Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Consternatio

In another perfect metaphor for our times, I learn today that The Beatles Complete on Ukulele has come to an abrupt end. Son of a bitch!

Oh, it was an ambitious project, to be sure, to write about and perform (on ukulele and other assorted lo-fi gear) every Beatles' tune in time for the Summer Olympics in London, '012. Roger Greenawalt and Dave Barratt, the inspired ones, have been making my Tuesdays special ever since I read about them on Boing Boing.

Israel and the Palestinians will never achieve peace in our time. Barack Obama will never fill the suit we imagined him in. The Cubs will never win the World Series, but please, boys, R & D, give me something to hope for in this wasteland of a century we're slogging through!

You know what they say: "Life is very short, and there's not ti-i-i-i-ime for fussing and fighting, my friend."

No comments: