Friday, January 25, 2008

Observatio

A Numbers Game

Rudy likes to tell of nine-one-one,
The time he didn’t poop his pants and run.
As people and paper fell from the sky,
He was New York City’s go-to guy.

But that was quite a while back,
And since then: no new attack.
Still, Rudy talks a lot of nine-one-one,
Every other word, in fact, a nine or one.

I wonder where he’d be if, on that day,
The Mets had beat the Cubs (or Tampa Bay),
And nothing tragic had undone
Us. Not much talk, for sure, of nine-one-one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de Vídeo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.